Anyone have any idea whether dynamic css via dtml will remain possible as CMF gets more Z3'ish? Or will only possibility be overrides in css itself.

Regards,
David

Peter Bengtsson wrote:

Tino Wildenhain wrote:

Peter Bengtsson schrieb:

John Huttley wrote:

Hi,
What is the best way of handling CSS?
I've looked at ZStylesheets, but it is buggy and uses depreciated functions that will not be available in 2.10.

I recommend a DTML Document as an upgrade to File objects.
If you use DTML you can
a) easily set some custom cache headers in the css

Or use a cache manager :-)

true

b) refer to images by a dynamic URL to the imagefolder. *

* example:
#body { background:#fff url(<dtml-var images url>/bg.png); }

Which runs against (a) because if you aggressive cache
(which is a good idea) you shouldn't have dynamic elements
in it.

You mustn't use any dtml-if or other crap like that because then, as you say Tino, you lose the ability cache the css file.

I believe file objects are good enough and you could
probably split the CSS across some files to get the
dynamics w/o loosing performance.

++Tino