I have tried using the verbose-security option in Zope 2.8.6. I cannot
see that it is actually doing anything different from the standard
I have previously used VerboseSecurity and know what the error log
should look like.

in my zope.conf

security-policy-implementation PYTHON
verbose-security on

I am sure that zope.conf is being read, because if I type in invalid
values, I see error messages on startup.

I am using Plone 2.1.2. When I access an object that I do not have
permission I get the following error message:

Time 2006/03/24 12:32:51.623 GMT+1 User Name (User Id) jc (jc) Request URL http://bla.bla/Bla/folder_listing Exception Type Unauthorized Exception Value Not authorized to access
binding: context

I somehow expected a little more. I expected to be told what permissions
I needed, and what permissions I had.

Can anyone tell me if I am doing anything wrong?

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                       tlf: +47 55 58 40 65
Parallab                   Bergen Centre for Computational Science