sdeibel wrote:
I don't think the linecache hack is going to work for Wing because the file is read by the IDE and not within the same process space as Zope is running. While we might eventually make it possible to transfer code over the debug connection for cases like this, it would slow our debugger to a crawl in many debug scenarios so it's not designed that way now.

Sorry to hear that, maybe you could recommend zdb to people in the meantime ;-)

The particular approach to patching _compiler may be useful, tho, in a general sense to make our patch at least a bit simpler.

Simpler is good...

I see there seems to be some evolution in Zope that fits with
perhaps some day compiling the right file name into code objects,

Not at all clear what you mean, perhaps you could clarify?