Hi Jason,

I see a few people have had a stab at this, but I have a feeling I know what you really meant ;-)

Jason C. Leach wrote:
I'm wondering how I can do this little trick (sp_info is a globaly devide
var, it's a dictionary obj):

            <option tal:repeat="group groups/existing/high"
                tal:content="group"
                tal:attributes="onmouseover string:doTooltip(event,
'${sp_info/${group}/common_name}')"
               onmouseout="hideTip()">
            </option>

So based on my the value of 'group' from my repeat, I want to use the value
to look up another value in a different dictionary.  It works if I do this:
(event, '${sp_info/whatever/common_name}') but does not like me using the
embedded ${group}.

try this:

<tal:i repeat="group groups/existing/high">
  <option tal:define="event sp_info/?group/common_name"
          tal:content="group"
          tal:attributes="onmouseover string:doTooltip(event,'$event')"
          onmouseout="hideTip()">
  </option>
</tal:i>

cheers,