Chris Withers wrote:
robert rottermann wrote:
When you have zope running on top of zeo and stop zeo
you still can ask for a page and it will be returned correctly.

We have a zeoup-based plugin that checks for that, lemme know if you're interested and I'll see if I can put it somewhere public.
yes thanks. I am interested

We run into situations where zope (actually a plone site) does not respond
to user requests. However nagios does not complain.

Huh? That makes no sense... what, exactly, was nagios checking here and what were the user requests?

nagios calls the intranet main page and checks if it finds "designed by
redCOR" in the response.
Somehow a "not responding" (vs not running) zope does not trigger the
nagios rule.

thanks
robert