Dieter Maurer wrote:
> >Yes, I understand the alternative to FastCGI, but mod_proxy
> doesn't pass the required environmental variable REMOTE_USER to
> zope. I was asking about single sign-on alternatives for Zope.
>
> In principle, the rewrite rules allow to specify environment extensions.
> When I remember right, you use an "E=..." in the "[P, ...]" to call
> for such an extension.

Actually, I see now you are referring to the substitution flags. This is
indeed env|E=VAR:VAL but the idea is to set an environmental variable which
"can be later dereferenced in many situations, but usually from within XSSI
(via <!--#echo var="VAR"-->) or CGI (e.g.  $ENV{'VAR'})." But, unless I'm
missing something, this solution hits the problem that environment variables
are not passed into zope (except through FastCGI).

Regards,
Fernando