during the next 4 weeks we will be prototyping a site.
One of the request we have to meet is SSO using
Active Directory to manage the users. One of the request
we *should* meet (I declined to commit ourselfs for this feature)
is that a user when logged into Windows she is automaticaly logged into
Plone. The server is running on a Linux box (SuSE 9.3 or later)
No idea yet whether this is possible yet, and I have read all related info with interest.
If you like we can try to join forces.

I think you should take a loot at CAS (Central Authentication Service), there are few user folders for Zope that can use this. The idea of automatic logon to plone
may be possibly done with CAS and ActiveDirectory or maybe with X509
certificates, tokens or such things.

Maciej Wisniowski