When I run "zeoctl start" having "user zope" (where zope is an
unprivileged user) directive in zeo.conf on a virgin instance directory,
at first log/zeo.log file with root owner is created, then the process
drops its privileges and timeouts, since it is not able to re-open the
logfile.

The problem is not imminent when starting ZEO like this:  su zope
bin/runzeo. That's because there is no chance of creating the logfile as
root.

I don't know whether this is already fixed in later stable versions, but
since 2.8.6 is still a recommended one for at least Plone and maybe
there are another fools like me who want to run ZEO unprivileged using
zeoctl, I'm reporting it. :)

--

\//\/\
(Sometimes credited as 1494 F8DD 6379 4CD7 E7E3 1FC9 D750 4243 1F05 9424.)

 [ When you find a virus in mail from me, then I intended to infect you, ]
 [ since I use SW that is not distributing malware w/o my knowledge.     ]

begin:vcard
fn:Vlada Macek
n:Macek;Vlada
adr:;;;Liberec;;;Czech Republic