Michael Vartanyan wrote:
1. Clear catalog
2. manage_covertIndexes
3. start looping through objects reindexing them and calling commit_transaction() on each 100-chunk (or 1000 or whatever your RAM can bear)
4. go have a coffee/walk/sleep (depending on the size of your catalog)
5. enjoy!

Yeah, I wrote this as a little zopectl run script which anyone is welcome to use, just lemme know and I'll put it up somewhere.

Whoever wrote manage_convertIndexes needs a bullet through the head. Sheesh :-(

The catalog I was trying to update was only 15,000 objects, albeit File-ish ones.

The original swap death'ed the machine and I gave up after about 4 hours running.

My version ran in 20 mins.

*sigh*

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk