On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 12:13:58PM +0200, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> En/na Alain Fauconnet ha escrit:
> >Am I missing something? I have created the SiteRoot object in the
> >root (/) folder. Is this correct?
> Look here:
> It's not plone specific and the links at the top are useful for other
> situations.

Thanks for your informative reply. I'm reading this page right now and
I just have a question: I don't do virtual hosting at all. This box
hosts a single web server. Does that still apply to me?

> E.g., if you follow
> you'll read:
> "SiteRoots are an artifact of an older generation of Zope virtual
> hosting services that are only retained in current Zope versions for
> backwards-compatibility purposes. They are not documented in this book
> because they are somewhat "dangerous" for new users, as they have the
> capability of temporarily "locking you out" of your Zope instance if you
> configure them improperly. Luckily, we have Virtual Host Monsters, which
> do everything that SiteRoots do and more without any of the dangerous
> side effects of SiteRoots. If you want to do virtual hosting in Zope,
> you should almost certainly be using a Virtual Host Monster."

Hrmm. so basically this SiteRoot method is obsolete, right? Too bad
all the stuff I could find by doing Google searches and from the Plone
Live book still point at this method...