--On 12. April 2006 12:32:29 -0400 Paul Winkler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

How do people test this sort of thing? Do you go whole-hog and
fire up MySQL or whatever?  Or use gadfly? sqlite? or what?

I've had a project some yrs ago where we had to parse some kind of query language and translate it into Oracle SQL including Oracle Intermedia
statements. At that time I've implemented something unittest-like to check
the correctness of the generated SQL both for small queries and combinations of queries. However I did not check the queries in real. The correctness of the parser and the SQL generator was sufficient at that time. Btw. Oracle raised more problems with generated SQL than we would have had time to care about the SQL correctness :-)

-aj

E-Publishing, Python, Zope & Plone development and consulting