Hello Dieter,

Thanks for your help, I have Zope 2.8.6 and Python 2.3.5 compiled with
Fink. I also had the same problem with python 2.3.5 from Apple, which
is known to lack some features, so you might be right with conflicting
Python version. Under Unbutu, I used to compile Zope with python-devel
package installed, but can't find it for os x. I'm going to try a few
more python distro, like darwinport or macpython to see if it works.