I agree. I am just starting to work with zalchemy in Zope3 and looking to try and make it work with Five so I have it for Zope2.

Chris Withers wrote:
Robert (Jamie) Munro wrote:
Whenever I'm using SQL databases in zope, I always seem to have to make
a ZSQL instance for inserting into every table in my database, and they
are all nearly the same - they just have a list of all the fields in the
database in the parameters, then they say:

insert into [table] ([list of fields]) values ([list of <dtml-sqlvar>s])

You're probably better off looking into an ORM like SQLAlchemy...