Regular expressions are usually precluded as a potential security risk.
You can enable imports into Python Scripts (see instructions in the
source) fairly easily.  Or you can do the regular expression processing
you need in an External Method or Product.

And, of course, you'll need to "import re" in the module where you
use it.