Hi there,

I have a question regarding product update.

I have updated a product (ATContentTypes) on the file system. Upon restarting the server, the new version of the product appears in red in the QuickInstaller (as expected).

Even though I haven't re-installed the product, some changes are picked up (for instance, it uses the new schemata for ATDocument).

Is this the expected behaviour?

What is exactly the difference between a non-installed product on the file system and an installed product?

Is the only difference that the Install.py is run when you install the product??

I am using Zope, Python 2.3.4. The versions of ATContentTypes are 0.2.0-rc3 (current) and 0.2.1-final (future, uninstalled).

Any help appreciated.