On 5/19/06, Gabriel Genellina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Surely! But this is not the problem here.

I wonder if the problem could be that "echo" is not available as a
separate command on Windows, but is only handled with the shell
(cmd.exe).  On Linux and other Unixes, it generally *is* available as
a separate executable, though shells also implement it as a built-in
command (it's /bin/echo on my Ubuntu installation).

"Education is hanging around until you've caught on." -- Robert Frost