the more I try to get this to work, the less I understand. Sorry to bug these groups again, but I still need a little help.

I would like my zope content (and plone) available to both http adn https urls. I went to betabug/zope/witch and was able to generate the following rule sets.

# see
RewriteRule ^/z2$\
https/%SERVER_NAME}:80/VirtualHostRoot/_vh_z2/ [L,P]

RewriteRule ^/z2/(.*)\
https/%{SERVER_NAME}:80/VirtualHostRoot/_vh_z2/$1 [L,P]

RewriteRule ^/z2$\
http/%SERVER_NAME}:80/VirtualHostRoot/_vh_z2/ [L,P]

RewriteRule ^/z2/(.*)\
http/%{SERVER_NAME}:80/VirtualHostRoot/_vh_z2/$1 [L,P]

The rules listed above only work to serve content from http://servername/z2 .. They refuse to work for https://servername/z2 (that generates a  not found error)

Any other advice on make both urls work?

I also found the following rule from scanning through zope-list postings, to force any logon authentication requests to go over https. However, since the above rules fail, the following does nothing.

RewriteRule ^/login_form(.*) https://%{SERVER_NAME}/login_form$1 [NE,L]

David Bear
What's the difference between private knowledge and public knowledge?