Jeremiah Foster schrieb:
Well...you should know..it's your server...it's your app :-)
Perhaps the DB uses IP-based authentication and so possibly some configuration on the MySQL has to be accomplished...consult your MySQL DA.

I did a fairly normal configuration so I know that I did not hook up
MySQL authentication to Zope. What I was asking is does Zope use MySQL
for its authentication by _default_. I thought it used it own db for

No, it does not use something like mysql by default. There are many
people which not even install mysql to their servers...

user authentication. So I know that MySQL is working fine, zope works
fine, the box has just been switched from one ip to another and zope
stops working.

I forgot the tracing you aparently did, but what does netstat -lntp
tell you (linux?) or do you find any host:port in address statements
for http-server in zope.conf?

Can you list more details of your current installation? (instances,
3rd party products, zeo if any, ...)?

Does anyone know about a built-in zope mechanism that controls zope
logins based on ip?

What exactly do you mean with that? You can restrict accounts to
special domains (not that this makes much sense...)

Regards
Tino Wildenhain