Lo Folks,

New to Zope and it took me all of five mins to trip up. I am having to do a source install using 2.9.3 on Linux system with Python 2.3. I am running into all manner of syntax errors when I do make install. For example:

  File "/var/www/zope/lib/python/zope/app/apidoc/static.py", line 126
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
  File "/var/www/zope/lib/python/zope/app/wsgi/fileresult.py", line 41
@component.adapter(file, zope.publisher.interfaces.http.IHTTPRequest)
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
File "/var/www/zope/lib/python/zope/app/container/constraints.py", line 240

There are more but I figured there was no point in swamping you :) Anyone have any pointers?

Thanks for any help