--On 8. Juni 2006 14:44:39 +0200 Sébastien VINOT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm wondering if it is possible to load datas for a zexp
file without
> the old product and then build new instances of my new
product. That
> is why I'd like to know if there is a good documentation concerning
> the internal structure of zexp files.

The .zexp files are Python pickles. The XML generated through
export/import is basically an XML representation of the
Python pickle. The most straight
forward solution would be to write a migration script for
your stuff and
not to look into pickles...but you can of course follow the
pickle road if
you like it the hard way :-)

You're right, I did not think about XML : thanks for the very good idea

Possibly my reply wasn't clear enough. The pickle format (binary or XML) appears too low-level in order to write a reasonable migration script. The recommended solution would be to write a reasonable migration on the application level based on your current data...