Chris McDonough wrote:
It's just not possible to upgrade components of every configuration. Sometimes you just need to live with some specific configuration for a while. It's not really a bad thing to have a known-working configuration, even if it's a little old.

+sys.maxint

If we turned these log calls into warnings.warn calls, they could be filtered out by warnfilter configuration, no big deal, we could solve the "cant upgrade right now b ut don't want to see warnings" problem, nobody would need to write any code to filter out specific log messages or do anything else. I think that's practical too. This is what the warnings module is for.

+1

In particular, these specific errors indicate a totally harmless condition

I'm not sure missing or incorrect security declarations could be described as "totally harmless"...

2.9, and 2.10 branches. It might be a good idea to turn all deprecation warnings in the core like this into warning messages,

-1

especially given that the core itself generates warnings now due to its own use of features that have been marked as deprecated.

...which is pretty criminal imnsho :-/

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk