--On 16. Juni 2006 10:03:23 +0200 robert rottermann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

in a unittest I use transaction.begin() as follows:

import transaction

I then get the following error:
AttributeError: 'Transaction' object has no attribute 'begin'

when I look at the code I am unsure whether transaction should have a
begin method.

If it does not exist anymore, by what is the method replaced?

Transaction.begin() was removed in ZODB 3.6 (and has been deprecated for a while). Possibly you're looking at different ZODB versions.