This gave me such a headache today, that I thought I ought to mention it.

All my pages normally have a content-type of ISO-8859-1
I have not spent much thought on this, it has just worked nicely like that.

Today I had a page that called a python script, that even when I made it
return an empty string, changed the content-type of my page to utf-8.

I finally tracked it down to this difference:

item.manage_changeProperties({'title':'Hustype'})       gives utf-8.
item.manage_changeProperties(title='Hustype')           leaves ISO-8859-1

WTF is that?

Now you have been warned :)

Gaute Amundsen