On Friday 16 June 2006 13:39, Tino Wildenhain wrote:
> Gaute Amundsen schrieb:
<snip>

> > item.manage_changeProperties({'title':'Hustype'})   gives utf-8.
> > item.manage_changeProperties(title='Hustype')               leaves
> > ISO-8859-1 intact.
> >
> > WTF is that?
>
> My guess would be the dict-argument is used in place of
> REQUEST and therefore sets some default encoding in
> request - which it certainly acquires.
>
> But this is all looking into the crystal sphere because
> I not yet have time to actually look at the source -
> otoh it would be of great help if you provide:
>
> 1.) the excat zope version
> 2.) manage_page_charset settings
> 3.) default encodings set in zope.conf etc.
>
> Regards
> Tino Wildenhain

That's making more sense :)
I was suspecting something like that.
I should have learned to ignore Andreas Jung's arrogant misreadings last
time. :(

1)
 Zope Version: (unreleased version, 2.7.0-based, python 2.3.3, linux2)

2)
A few quick googles was not able to reveal where I can get hold of the
manage_page_charset settings...

3)
No mention of "char" or "encode" in zope.conf

G.