Suggestion: have a look at exUserFolder. It has a MySQL Authentication Source. The minimum requirement is a table with Username, Password and Roles fields.

Cliff

Luiz Fernando B. Ribeiro wrote:
Hello,

I've been searching for a solution on how to integrate my actual database of users (in MySQL) with the Zope authentications machinery. I found some old instructions (2001) using LoginManager and zPatterns but I would like to hear from you about the alternatives.

Currently I'm using my own authentication method but with this I'm loosing a lot of Zope features.

Zope 2.9
MySQl 4.1
Using reverse proxy with Pound

Any suggestions?