----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris McDonough" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
folder.manage_addProducts ['Transience'].constructTransientObjectContainer might work (assuming "constructTransientObjectContainer" is the right constructor name, I didn't check).

Chris, thanks for the idea - I tried it, but it generated the error: BadRequest: ('Empty or invalid id specified', <Folder at /Coz/WUI>)

After looking at the Transience.py source I found the answer: Instead of passing 'self' as the first parameter I passed the folder object instead. The worked because constructTransientObjectContainer does: self._setObject(id, ob)

So the final solution was:

       folder = self.restrictedTraverse('Coz/TempImages')
constructTransientObjectContainer(folder, 'GarbageCollector', timeout_mins=10, limit=0,

Thanks again for the help, it got me thinking in the right direction!