William Heymann schrieb:
On Tuesday 20 June 2006 12:47, Chris McDonough wrote:

I'd just record the data from Verisign in response to their POST (do
nothing else) and come along later with a separate request to pick
through the data to do postprocessing on it every so often; then the
data always gets recorded and you can deal with errors in your
postprocessing without needing to manage transaction state manually.
ClockServer can help with the "do something every so often" aspect of

That is probably a good idea for long term to change things that way and I would like to rewrite it. However right now I don't really want to rewrite the way the current system works. I had hoped I could just use get_transaction().commit() almost immediately after seeing the data from Verisign.

The problem is, there is no garanty about success of that transaction
either. So if it rolls back, what do you do with verysign?
Maybe a fifo logfile could solve your problem.