Josef Meile schrieb:
Hi,

After having started the thread about securing CookieCrumbler[1], I figured
out that it was better to secure Basic Authentication instead. So, I just

Which is actually identically :-) Its just a different HTTP-Header
involved :-)

created a new Product, called JMSSLBasicAuth[2], which is based on the
CookieCrumbler Transversal Hook. Instead of Cookie Authentication, I will
redirect insecure Basic Authentication requests to ssl.

You remember to stay in ssl once you switched?

I have tested it and it seems to work. I'm planning to use it in production
websites, so, I would really appreciate if you could give me some
constructive feedback about the product (See reference [2]), ie: what can I
improve, change, or add?

I'd think you could add the redirection support (which can indeed be usefull
and simplify configuration) in a way not disabling cookie-auth the same time.

(For example you cannot really log out with Basic Auth)

Regards
Tino Wildenhain