Dear All,
I managed to add a property to an object by using the manage_addproperty () method.
However, if I don't issue a manage.reindexIndex () for the new property, it won't come out in the catalog search results.
So I issue reindexIndex (), but when I finally try to display the property, all I get is 'Missing Value'.
But if I then issue the command refreshCatalog(clear=1), the property is now visible. Although refreshCatalog works, it would gobble up the server's CPU and memory resources everytime its run.
My question is, is there another command I can use instead of refreshCatalog to make the property display ?
Below is the code I'm talking about :
wf = context.GeneralWorkflow
instance_id = wf.addInstance( process_id=process, customer=jobname, comments=comment, title=subject, activation=1)
wf.getInstance(instance_id).manage_addProperty('jobname', 'ABC12345', 'string')
wf.Catalog.manage_reindexIndex(ids=['jobname'], REQUEST=None, RESPONSE=None, URL1=None)
jobs = cat.searchResults({'jobname':'ABC12345'})
for j in jobs:
    print j.jobname