> This add a property to an object but it has nothing to do with adding
> *metadata* to a ZCatalog instance. Please read the ZCatalog chapter of
the Zope Book 2.7 edition. It carefully explains > what *metadata* in
the ZCatalog context means. The short version: a Zcatalog search returns
> *proxy* objects and the attrs of the proxy object contain only the
values of the original object where you have
> configured a metadata in the Zcatalog.

Having read the Zope 2.7 ZCatalog chapter, I think I can say there's
always been a metadata column called "jobname".

So going back to my original question, is there a way for me not to have
to mass-refresh my entire catalog just to be able to display my
properties ?

Regards,
Danny