Sinang, Danny wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I managed to add a property to an object by using the manage_addproperty
> () method.
>
> However, if I don't issue a manage.reindexIndex () for the new property,
> it won't come out in the catalog search results.

manage_addProperty does not trigger recataloguing of the object even
if its a subclass of CatalogAwareness. You should either call
obj.reindex_object() or at least obj.index_object(), if your
class has the CatalogAwareness-Mixin or you use the catalog API:

yourcatalog.catalog_object(obj,obj.absolute_url_path())

After that, your metadata should show up nicely w/o indexing
the whole object tree.

Regards
Tino