----- Original Message ----- From: "Dieter Maurer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Satchidanand Haridas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 4:10 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] storing blob data in SQLServer using ZSQL

Satchidanand Haridas wrote at 2006-6-27 19:37 -0500:
How can I save blob data in SQLServer using ZSQLs? I'm using mxODBC. I
have a ZSQL that looks something like this:

update
    table_name
set
    blob_data = <dtml-sqlvar "i_blob_data" type="nb">
where
    conditions....
But I get the following error when I run the above ZSQL:

ProgrammingError: ('07002', 0, '[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server
Driver]COUNT field incorrect or syntax error', 6108)

You cannot use "ZSQL" to put binary (blob) data into
the database. You can have some chance when you use
base64 encoding -- provided, your data is not too large.

An easy work-around would be to store your blob in the zodb and then store the path/id of the zodb object in your SQL db.

Jonathan