----- Original Message ----- From: "Hans Then" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
if you have a python script in the middle of your path, eg:
folder/pythonscript/somethingelse
then the pythonscript routine will get executed and 'somethingelse' will
be
passed in a variable called 'traverse_subpath'
Create a test python script and try it out (look for traverse_subpath in
the
REQUEST namespace)

What if I don't want that? I can, for instance, call
/folder/pythonscript/title_or_id
/folder/pythonscript/manage_workspace

If you want to be sure about the behaviour of your display template I would change the URL to something like:

folder/displayroutine?id=objectid

and have displayroutine (a script or method) access the object via the parameter id ad generate the appropriate display (based on the type of object it is given). This way you are not going to run into differences in aquisition handling for different types of objects that you are trying to display.

Jonathan