--On 3. Juli 2006 15:05:36 +0200 Claudio Battaglino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

what does exactly happen when I use "python:" into a zpt?
Is it a problem if I have many "python:" in my page templates?
What are the differences in performances of these two definitions?

Talking of performance...you might write a benchmark to figure it out...
no idea

<metal:block tal:define="my_value my_object/getValue">...</metal:block>

<metal:block tal:define="my_value

The main difference between both variants is that in path expressions getValue can be either an attribute or a method...so at least path expressions may have some overhead...you have to measure it.