Jens Vagelpohl ha scritto:

On 3 Jul 2006, at 15:09, Andreas Jung wrote:

<metal:block tal:define="my_value my_object/getValue">...</ metal:block>

<metal:block tal:define="my_value
python:my_object.getValue()">...</metal:block>

The main difference between both variants is that in path expressions getValue can be either an attribute or a method...so at least path expressions may have some overhead...you have to measure it.

As far as I know path expressions have better performance. I don't have the in-depth expression engine knowledge to explain why, but that's been what everyone has said to me before.

jens

Could it be that, using a Python expression, I have an overhead because Zope loads a Python interpreter each time it finds a "python:"?
If this is true then it is better to use path expression, if possible.

claudio :-)