Hi Andrew,

MVC is a pattern rather than a technology so it's mostly up to you to implement. Zope, the framework, doesn't mandate its use but it does provide facilities that make it easy to implement (via python scripts, Five views and templates, and other things).

Zope isn't a continuation-based framework.  Use sessions instead.

Zope's ZODB is an object persistence engine roughly equivalent to Hibernate. It is however, not accessible via Java.

Zope is written in Python, not Java, so reusing your existing libraries would be an exercise in bridging Python and Java (maybe via web services or a plain old fire-off-a-Java-process-from-within-zope- and-communicate-with-it-over-its-stdin).

Trust Commerce has a very nice Python library for merchant banking: http://www.trustcommerce.com/

In general, if you're looking to continue implementing the bulk of your application in Java, Zope may not be for you unless you use it for some very specific piece that has very well-defined integration requirements.

- C