----- Original Message ----- From: "David H" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "TR" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2006 10:27 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] Zope 2.7 installation on SuSE 10.0 - unable to find startupscript

TR wrote:

This is rather bizarre, but I'm unable to determine what script to run to start my Zope instance. I installed 2.7.7-3, which comes with the distro, and ran mkzopeinstance.py, which terminated without errors after asking for the instance home and site admin id/password.

Isn't there supposed to be a startzope.py somewhere? The closest thing I could find was the following:

[/opt/zope/lib/python/Zope/App] > python startup.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "startup.py", line 16, in ?
   from AccessControl.SecurityManagement import getSecurityManager
ImportError: No module named AccessControl.SecurityManagement

Even wierder, my installation contains an AccessControl.SecuritySuite package with a SecurityBase module - no SecurityManager.

Can anyone shed some light, here?

-Tom Russell

TR,

I wouldnt use "distros". Download zope directly from zope.org. While your at it get your python from python.org. Don't rely on zope distros.

Oh and you start zope with <zope-instance>/bin/zopectl start

I 2nd that.

bobb