--On 18. Juli 2006 13:33:59 -0400 Muk Yan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Dear Exalted Sirs and Madams,

I'm a Zope newbie, so be gentle.

I'm using DTML on Zope (yes I know Plone and Tal is now the norm) and
I was wondering if regularly using the REQUEST(set and get) object is
bad practice.

It's *bad practice*

I'm mostly a C++ programmer and I know of the horrors of global
variables, but I was wondering if there was any way to pass
information from DTML Documents to DTML Methods and vice versa (and
maybe from DTML Methods to DTML Methods) without using the REQUEST

If you need to pass parameters to other objects, pass them.