Andreas Jung wrote:

--On 18. Juli 2006 21:55:36 -1000 John Schinnerer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Aloha,

I did try send() - it seems one must know something about RFC822 message
formatting to use it...?
I know nothing about that, and could not quickly find any clear and
concise howtos or tutorials, just verbose and confusing specs and mailing
list posts and so on.

Nonsense. The Python 'email' module is perfectly suited and documented (with examples). We use the 'email' module in various places for generating rfc822 compliant emails that are send through MailHost.send().

So you are writing a Product to enable it to python scripting? .-))

Well, its so easy... some of the beginners should be able to do it.

from AccessControl import allow_module, allow_class, allow_type

from formatter import BlockFormatter
from email.MIMEText import MIMEText
from email.MIMEMultipart import MIMEMultipart
from email.MIMEBase import MIMEBase
from email.Header import Header
from MailCrypt import signmail
from email.Encoders import encode_base64

allow_class(BlockFormatter)
allow_class(MIMEBase)
allow_class(MIMEText)
allow_class(MIMEMultipart)