Andreas Jung wrote:

--On 22. Juli 2006 00:34:24 -0700 Noah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi there,

zope-2.8.8
freebsd-4.11

so I just installed plone and stopped and restarted zope and found that
it no longer answers port 8080.  there is nothing in the logs that shows
something is wrong.

I see the zope daemon running it is not quitting.

I see a python2.3 process run by nobody that tacks up to  99% CPU about
every 10 seconds.

Kill the remaining process manually and restart again.

Andreas,

that didnt completely work.

---s nip ---

# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/zope.sh start
Starting Zope
Instance /a/www/Zope -> . Unlinking stale socket /a/www/Zope-2.8/var/zopectlsock; sleep 1
No handlers could be found for logger "root"
. daemon process started, pid=24796

--- snip ---

still port 8080 eventually just closes without any pages being sent.

cheers,
Noah

-aj