Joshua Burvill wrote:
Hi,

I’d like to log certain parts of each request into a database table for every request to provide an audit trail.

I thought of inserting a <dtml-call xxx> into the standard_html_header, but when there is a RESPONSE.redirect, it will not be the original request that gets logged.

Well that would mean 2 log entries - one from the redirecting
page and one from the target of the redirect.

Btw, its usually not the best idea if you can avoid it -
what about using the apache log facilities here?

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks, Josh

^^^^ Ah, wasting cpu cycles for nothing :-)

Regards
Tino