----- Original Message ----- From: "David VanKirk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Jonathan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, August 04, 2006 6:23 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] Using the Tree Widget

Unfortunately, I've already read over all of that.  It does tell about
all the features of the widget, but it doesn't seem to give me that
connection to make this widget useful, aside from listing objects in

I had a quick look at the dtml tree doc (i have never used it, so am just going on what i read), but it seems that you can specify methods that are called in order to obtain branch elements and there is an attribute 'expr' which allows you to provide an 'expression' which provides the value to be displayed, so it sounds as if you should be able to write your own routines to pull the info out of your db.

P.S.  pls keep your posts on the list (that way others can help too!)

Thanks though.