James Davies wrote:
[snip]

I'm hoping I can garner some support to get the zope developers to fix the problem. Failing that, ANY information pointing me in the right direction would be helpful, as I'm more than happy to fix it myself and submit a patch.

If anyone else is finding this a problem, please reply in this thread. :-)

I'm completely with you James.
Moments ago I wrote this:
http://www.fry-it.com/at/refresh-production-zopes
which I think is a brilliant solution to updating product/live Zope instances without downtiming the server and losing SESSION variables for users on the site during the restart.

Product refreshing is important for me for my future in Zope land. Because I depend on product refreshing so much it means I can't dip into Zope 2.9. Apparently the "bug" is somewhere deep in the ZODB code (thanks Dieter Maurer for pointing this out some time ago) and that's a domain I'm very very novice in debugging.

Peter

--
Peter Bengtsson,
work www.fry-it.com