Refresh always works, at least the explicit refresh (do not know
about the automatic one which I have never used).

I'm on 2.7 and yes, the explicit and *very* useful refresh tab in the ZMI seems to work fine in production mode also.

I do not remember fondly the old days (2.4, 2.5) of having to restart zope for every little product change/tweak/debug effort during development, or when doing a minor product upgrade to production server.

I was going to upgrade to 2.9 very soon but now may go only to 2.8.
I don't have the technical chops to work on a refresh solution in 2.9+, however I heartily support such efforts from those of you who also see it as an important issue.

John S.

- Eco-Living -
Whole Systems Design Services
People - Place - Learning - Integration