2

Mikhail Goriachev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Read all your material, thank you! Got lots more questions, but this should clear it up:

* Which ezm3 should I d/l if I want to build FBSD on an i386 box? Is this the option? ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/CVSup/ezm3/ezm3-1.0-NetBSDi386-boot.tar.bz2
* Which one isn't set up to work with a GUI? The link on this page is broken: http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html
* Where do I get these files: /usr/src/UPDATING and /usr/src/Makefile?
* What happens if my Internet connection is dropped while I'm doing mergemaster?
* How do I make sure userland and the new kernel are synchronized before rebooting?
* How do I make sure the new kernel is capable of booting before actually rebooting?

After CVSup is installed...
synch your source to 6.1 # How?
cvsup -g -L 2 supfile
d /usr/src
make clean;make cleanworld
make buildworld
cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/
# back up any custom config there is
cp GENERIC BACKUP_CONFIG
cd /usr/src
make buildkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL
make installkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL
sh /etc/rc.shutdown        # kills all your services
pkill sendmail
pkill syslogd
mergemaster -p
make installworld