René Pijlman wrote:
beno wrote:
$ln -s /path_to_products/ /path_to_zope_instance/Prodcuts/
                                                        ^^
There's your problem.
But I did not write that! Someone else wrote/suggested that!! My symlinks were fine. I ripped them all out :) I emptied the Plone-2.5.0 dir and dropped it all in the main Products dir. Then I stopped Zope and used "runzope" to track errors. I got a number of them, one quoted below. Here are the packages I had to take out of the Products dir to get Zope to boot:

ATContentTypes                  CMFPlone                        Marshall
ATReferenceBrowserWidget CMFQuickInstallerTool MimetypesRegistry Archetypes CMFSetup PasswordResetTool CMFActionIcons CMFTopic PloneLanguageTool
CMFCalendar                     CMFUid                          PlonePAS
CMFCore DCWorkflow PluggableAuthService
CMFDefault                      PortalTransforms
CMFDynamicViewFTI Five ResourceRegistries
CMFFormController               GenericSetup
CMFPlacefulWorkflow             GroupUserFolder

In other words, almost everything! (The other prods have showed up in the Zope.) Here's a typical error message from trying to load one of them:

2006-08-21T17:43:03 ERROR(200) Zope Could not import Products.ATContentTypes
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/zope/278/lib/python/OFS/Application.py", line 673, in import_product
   product=__import__(pname, global_dict, global_dict, silly)
File "/usr/local/zope/instance2/Products/ATContentTypes/__init__.py", line 35, in ?
   from Products.ATContentTypes.config import HAS_LINGUA_PLONE
File "/usr/local/zope/instance2/Products/ATContentTypes/config.py", line 30, in ?
   from Products.ATContentTypes.configuration import zconf
File "/usr/local/zope/instance2/Products/ATContentTypes/configuration/__init__.py", line 25, in ?
   from Products.ATContentTypes.configuration.config import zconf
File "/usr/local/zope/instance2/Products/ATContentTypes/configuration/config.py", line 29, in ?
   from Products.ATContentTypes.configuration.schema import atctSchema
File "/usr/local/zope/instance2/Products/ATContentTypes/configuration/schema.py", line 29, in ?
   from Products.ATContentTypes.configuration import datatype
File "/usr/local/zope/instance2/Products/ATContentTypes/configuration/datatype.py", line 25, in ?
   from Products.CMFCore import permissions as CMFCorePermissions
ImportError: cannot import name permissions
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/local/zope/278/lib/python/Zope/Startup/run.py", line 50, in ?
   run()
 File "/usr/local/zope/278/lib/python/Zope/Startup/run.py", line 19, in run
   start_zope(opts.configroot)
File "/usr/local/zope/278/lib/python/Zope/Startup/__init__.py", line 52, in start_zope
   starter.startZope()
File "/usr/local/zope/278/lib/python/Zope/Startup/__init__.py", line 231, in startZope
   Zope.startup()
File "/usr/local/zope/278/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py", line 47, in startup
   _startup()
File "/usr/local/zope/278/lib/python/Zope/App/startup.py", line 45, in startup
   OFS.Application.import_products()
File "/usr/local/zope/278/lib/python/OFS/Application.py", line 650, in import_products
   import_product(product_dir, product_name, raise_exc=debug_mode)
[...]

TIA,
beno