Chris Withers wrote:
beno wrote:
As far as Andreas' comment of switching to Mailman, dunno why, but Mailman requires cgi scripts, and I use Pound as reverse proxy directly to Zope,

Why don't you use Apache, like every other sane individual out there?
Actually, there are a *lot* of people who *don't* use Apache! Here's why: Apache duplicates 95% of what Zope's server does, so if you're only using Zope, then it's un-elegant to use Apache. Not a good, clean solution at all! Besides, the rewrite rules you have to throw at Apache are awkward, and that's the reason why! However, Zope can't handle cgi scirpts, and Mailman uses cgi scripts. That's one reason I don't want Mailman. Furthermore, MailBoxer could be more easily integrated into Plone, because it's integrated into Zope, therefore sharing password information, etc., would be easier, and that makes MailBoxer a more logical choice. I always prefer Zope products over non-Zope products for integration purposes. Now...

Will *you* answer my question?

On this page (of a Zope product):
there is the instruction to send an email to this address:
What exactly does that mean? Can someone give me an example? The list is called "rejoice", the Web site in question is called "" and I tried this address: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]". It didn't work. So I tried this address: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]". On that one, I didn't get a bounce but I didn't show up in the Properties::maillist, either, nor did I receive a welcome message :( Frankly, I find the tokens "yourMailHost" and "yourDomain" terribly unclear.