Apparently, MailBoxer must be configured a little differently for qmail:
Following their advice, I created the following file:
server167# vi /var/qmail/alias/.qmail-rejoice
rejoice: "| smtp2zope.py
where "rejoice" is the name of the list, the IP and port are correct,
"rejoice.2012.vi" is the folder and "rejoice" the instance of MailBoxer.
Incidentally, surfing to that URL throws an error (see below).
I have put a copy of smtp2zope.py here:
Is that correct?
My mailto is
where "mail" is the smtp and "rejoice.2012.vi" is the URL.
I try subscribing by sending an email to that address with "subscribe"
in the subject, but I collect it in the email box I set up for that
address in vpopmail. I have also tried this without said mailbox in
vpopmail, but then the email just bounces. Either way, nothing ever ends
up in the "maillist", nor do I ever get an email telling me I've been
subscribed. What am I doing wrong?
PS. Error from surfing to
Sorry, a site error occurred.
Traceback (innermost last):
* Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 175, in publish_module_standard
* Module Products.PlacelessTranslationService.PatchStringIO, line
34, in new_publish
* Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 132, in publish
* Module Zope.App.startup, line 204, in zpublisher_exception_hook
* Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 101, in publish
* Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
* Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
* Module Products.MailBoxer.MailBoxer, line 348, in manage_mailboxer
* Module Products.MailBoxer.MailBoxer, line 661, in checkMail
* Module Products.MailBoxer.MailBoxer, line 975, in getMailFromRequest
* Module ZPublisher.HTTPRequest, line 1217, in __getitem__
KeyError: 'Mail' (Also, an error occurred while attempting to render the
standard error message.)
Zope maillist - Zope@zope.org
** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **
(Related lists -