At Thursday 24/8/2006 12:52, Alan wrote:

But for what I want LocalFS or ExtFile sounds too much, specially
because I just need to download. Either, I did not realise yet well
what Richard purposed... However, I tried that:

with a external method
  fname = os.path.join(jobdir,'results.zip')
  file = open(fname,'rb').read()
  return file

but instead of having the file downloaded, it is printed in my
browser, as if it was a ascii file. I guess I need to add a mime type
property here, but I am running out of ideas.

Exactly.
Something like:
REQUEST.RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Type', 'application/zip-compressed')
(uhm, not sure of the right spelling)
And return the file object, not its contents. The publisher takes care of sending it on chunks if needed.

Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL