At Thursday 24/8/2006 12:52, Alan wrote:

But for what I want LocalFS or ExtFile sounds too much, specially
because I just need to download. Either, I did not realise yet well
what Richard purposed... However, I tried that:

with a external method
  fname = os.path.join(jobdir,'')
  file = open(fname,'rb').read()
  return file

but instead of having the file downloaded, it is printed in my
browser, as if it was a ascii file. I guess I need to add a mime type
property here, but I am running out of ideas.

Something like:
REQUEST.RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Type', 'application/zip-compressed')
(uhm, not sure of the right spelling)
And return the file object, not its contents. The publisher takes care of sending it on chunks if needed.

Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).