Thanks a lot guys, it's working fine.

elif (func == 'Download'):
  fname = os.path.join(jobdir,'')
  file = open(fname,'rb').read()
  self.REQUEST.RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Type', 'application/zip')
  return file

On 24/08/06, Gabriel Genellina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
At Thursday 24/8/2006 12:52, Alan wrote:

>But for what I want LocalFS or ExtFile sounds too much, specially
>because I just need to download. Either, I did not realise yet well
>what Richard purposed... However, I tried that:
>with a external method
>   fname = os.path.join(jobdir,'')
>   file = open(fname,'rb').read()
>   return file
>but instead of having the file downloaded, it is printed in my
>browser, as if it was a ascii file. I guess I need to add a mime type
>property here, but I am running out of ideas.

Something like:
REQUEST.RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Type', 'application/zip-compressed')
(uhm, not sure of the right spelling)
And return the file object, not its contents. The publisher takes
care of sending it on chunks if needed.

Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
¡Probalo ya!

Alan Wilter S. da Silva, D.Sc. - Research Associate
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge.
80 Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1GA, UK.<<